Sunday 14 August 2011

The infamous Macaroon Tower

Finally, after threatening for the past six months to make a Macaroon tower I finally did it, and it was not half as difficult as I imagined it might be. Granted, there is much room for improvement, but as a first attempt I think its pretty decent. I displayed it at a 'wedding cake tasting' event and the tower received good reviews from the patrons. A Macaroon tower or Croquembouche as it is more correctly termed is a very popular subsitute for a conventional wedding cake in Europe and more recently in The States.
Of course, the only way to really appreciate a Macaroon tower is to eat the Macaroons. I am therefore happy to report that by the end of the morning the cone looked decidedly naked. The flavours were much appreciated, with the coconut & milk choc combination taking first prize in the taste stakes. The other fillings that I used for tower were Raspberry & Litchi, Espresso & Hazelnut, Vanilla & Lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment