Saturday 9 April 2011

Red Velvet Romance

To Tanya and Brett with love ... 


All you need is love.
Tanya & Brett 2 April 2011
My sister Tanya was gracious enough to entrust the making of her precious wedding cake to me. I say this because I have never made a Three-Tier cake before, let alone one for such a significant occasion. I am relieved to declare, with a fair amount of confidence, that I did not disappoint her.

Tanya and Brett wanted a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. There is simply no better cake through which to celebrate love and life than a fabulously moist and silky Red Velvet Cake. I am certain that the best recipe for this cake, on this planet at least, is the one that I used from Callie Maritz and Mari-Louis Guy. I have made the cake a dozen times and it has never failed to impress ... even the 'die-hard-non-wedding-cake-eating-guy' gave me a High Five Bru for my effort. Thank you Rich, exhilarating praise indeed!




No comments:

Post a Comment